Belmont, a Modern Golf Facility
Belmont was built by Hall of Fame Golf Course Architect A.W. Tillinghast in 1917, originally as Hermitage Country Club and becoming Belmont Golf Course in 1977.
In 2020, First Tee – Greater Richmond partnered with Love Golf Design to transform the historic 18-hole course into a modern golf facility. Love Golf Design studied the original drawings of the then Hermitage Golf Course to truly restore hole Nos. 7 – 18 for our 12-hole course.
The 12-hole Belmont can be played from five different tees, ranging from 3,020 to 4,345 yards. The course has two back-to-back Par 5’s, two Par 3’s, eight challenging Par 4’s and 64 bunkers to test and player’s game. With five tees to play from, the course is accessible for all levels.